Work on finger isolation, manual dexterity, in-hand manipulation, eye-hand coordination, spatial relations, visual tracking, aiming, hitting a target, social interaction, play and leisure exploration and participation
In the box: 1 board, 10 discs
Ready, aim, fire! Kids have liked this game and it plays well with a wide range of cognitive and skill levels. Set up is easy - take the game out of the box and give each player five discs. Players play at the same time, trying to shoot their discs, and any discs that make it to their side, back to their opponents side as quickly as possible. To play, line up a disc in the middle front of the black elastic band, pull the disc back against the flexible band, let go. Even though the hole that you shoot through is not much wider than the disc (see below), all have succeeded to get some through with a little practice. If you miss, the disc will hit the wall and bounce back to your side and you can try again. There is a player at each end of the board and the first one who gets all of the discs on the other player's side at the same time, wins. I have put a blue circle around a disk going through the center hole.
- Play hand over hand, it works well with this game.
- Put a little pencil mark or sticker on the board by the elastic band to mark where to center the disc. Erase after practicing.
- Place all 10 discs on one side and see how many tries it takes one player to get them all through the hole. Let him play again and try to beat his score.
- Put the pieces away by asking the individual to cup his hand and hold the position while you drop the discs in one by one and count. It's a natural activity because I always count the pieces before I put them away to make sure that I haven't lost any.
- Set the game up by putting five discs on each player's side. Place two or three discs in the players palm and ask him to bring them to his fingertips one at a time and place them on the board, alternating between the players.
- Try isolating and shooting with different fingers.
If you are interested in purchasing this game or just want more information, click on the image below to go to Amazon.com