Work on manual dexterity, in-hand manipulation, bilateral integration, visual discrimination, eye-hand coordination, shuffling/dealing cards, social skills, play and leisure exploration and participation
If you like the traditional Rock, Paper, Scissors hand gesture game, you will love this card version. Deal the cards face-down and evenly between the two players. Each player then picks up and turns over the top card on his pile. Compare the cards and apply the Rock Paper Scissors rules to determine the winner:
- Rock crushes scissors (rock wins)
- Scissors cut paper (scissors win)
- Paper covers rock (paper wins)
- Hold the deck in the non-dominant hand. Use the thumb to push the top card off the deck to deal. Can also do this during the game to turn over your top card each time.
- Place one rock, one paper, and one scissor card on the table top. Place the rest of the deck next to them. One at a time, pick up the cards off the deck and sort them into the appropriate matching piles without tipping over or sliding cards off the deck.
- Play one round where each person holds their stack in one hand and lays the cards down with the other. Then play a round where the stack is placed on the table and the players separate and lift the cards, one at a time, from the stack to play.