In the box: 15 Duplo plastic pieces, 1 story book.
Ages 1 1/2 - 4
Work on visual discrimination, visual closure, manual dexterity, hand and finger strength, eye-hand coordination, spatial relations, thinking skills, play exploration and participation
A perfect set for beginners that includes a board book and 15 DUPLO pieces. You will create the four different models show above and they stay the same throughout the book. This set comes in many different themes, such as Busy Farm, Let's Go Vroom, And Peekaboo Jungle. Below is a look inside the book.
- Start with a few minutes of free play so that the child gets the feel of the pieces and how they snap together.
- Put only the pieces needed for the character you are making next to the individual for an easy start.
- Put all the pieces in a pile and ask the individual to find the pieces he needs to build each character. Turn some of the pieces upside down or on their side so the child will have to recognize them from different perspectives.
- Demonstrate how to assemble the object while the individual watches, then take the pieces apart and ask the individual to do it.
- Take time for creative play at the end with the finished pieces.