Work on visual discrimination, visual closure, visual form constancy, figure ground, manual dexterity, in-hand manipulation, coordinated use of both hands, play exploration and participation
Each two-piece puzzle consists of one full color piece and one black silhouette piece. Pretty straightforward, match the colored piece to its silhouette.
- Start slow by putting one full color piece in front of the individual and two silhouette pieces. Ask him to find the match.
- Put the color pieces in a stack and arrange the silhouette pieces all flat in front of the individual. One at a time take a color piece from the stack and ask him to find its silhouette.
- Arrange the silhouette pieces in different orientations from the color pieces and find the matches.
- Start with the silhouette piece and find the color match.
- Place the pieces in the wrong orientation on the table and ask the individual to turn each piece, in-hand, to right the orientation.