In the bag: 34 pieces and a sticker sheet, instruction book
Still popular with many kids, Dora is on an adventure to find the bananas that Swiper stole from the baby monkey. If you have a Dora lover, like I have a Dora lover, this is for you. This is a beginners construction toy by Mega Bloks, similar in shape and size to Lego's Duplo. Read the story and construct the play set as you go. The story is told throughout the booklet, each page adding another line to the story at the top that relates to the pieces you are going to add, such as "make a tunnel above" or "and now for the slide". The pieces are plastic and easy to handle. They are the slightest bit malleable, not hard, solid plastic.
|Pieces are large and easy for youngsters to handle.|
|Instructions for Dora to the Rescue! by Mega Bloks|
- Offer a few minutes of free play at the beginning so the child can get the feel of the pieces and learn how they go together.
- Keep the unused pieces in a pile so the child will have to search for each needed piece. Turn some of the pieces upside down or on their side so the child will have to recognize them from different perspectives.
- Advise the child to hold the model in the same orientation as the one in the picture if they are having trouble orienting a piece.
- Take time to play once your set is complete.
- Give the beginner a piece at a time while building and point to the piece on the picture to show where it should go.