Work on visual discrimination, figure ground, manual dexterity, finger isolation, memory
In the box: 50 search & find cards
Erasable search & find cards have easy to locate answers on the back and are reusable. Each card has a list of 28 items to find, listed down the left hand side. The objects are all circled on the back of the card for quick checking. Cards are approximately 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 inches. Pictures are brightly colored, cartoonish and appeal to most kids. Some of the picture titles are Cat Fashion Show, Food Fight, Race Car Factory, Critter Collection, and Construction Site.
|Left - Front of card with list of objects. Right - Back of card with objects circled.|
You can use dry erase markers (not included) to circle the items as you go if you want. You can also cross off the words on the list or color in the small box by the words to indicate you have found the item. I would wipe them off as soon as I am done with the card. The Bic dry erase markers have smeared and left a stain behind for me, so I avoid them.
- Point instead of circle since the card starts looking messy and just adds more background with so many circles.
- Read 3 or 4 objects from the list. Ask the individual to say the list out loud three or four times to add the benefit of auditory memory. Hide the words and see if the individual can remember the objects and find them.
- Use a finer tip marker to circle objects for someone who is practicing making circles or closed circles. Erase when the card starts looking messy, and then keep going.
- Compete with another person. Each person take a card and see who is the first to find all their items.
- Read one item from the list and see who is the first to find it on the picture.
If you are interested in purchasing this item or just want more information, click on the image below.