Work on visual discrimination, spatial relations, figure ground, manual dexterity, analytical and critical thinking, play and leisure exploration and participation
In the box: Game grid, 40 challenge cards, treasure hunter, 4 gold masks, 8 arrow pieces, 8 stationary blocking pieces, game bag
Ages 8+, 1 player
Help the treasure hunter escape with the gold as you play this challenging treasure quest brainteaser. There are 40 challenge cards which graduate in difficulty from beginner to intermediate to advanced to expert. Each card shows how to set up the grid for a new game.
|LEFT - Challenge. RIGHT - Solution|
- Choose a challenge card and set up the grid. Slide the opening gate to the correct position.
- Moving around the board, hero pushes movable obstacle token aside to clear a path to push the gold mask(s) off the grid.
- Push the gold mask(s) through the opening gate to win.
- Make a game out of just setting up the grids, following the pattern cards, if the puzzles will be too difficult to complete.
- Show the first couple of moves to help the player get started.
- Work backwards. Do all but the last move, then do all but the last two moves, then do all but the last three moves, etc.
- Complete a challenge as the individual looks on. Talk out loud as you problem solve to help the person learn. Then ask him to complete the same challenge.