Work on visual discrimination, spatial relations, manual dexterity, fine motor precision, in-hand manipulation, values, social interaction skills, process skills, play and leisure exploration and participation
In the box: Game board, 4 character playing pieces, 4 Christmas ornaments, 1 spinner, 16 present pieces, 30 candy cane pieces, 42 Happy Holiday cards, 1 Christmas tree with light up star on top
Ages 5+, 2-4 players
A Charlie Brown Christmas Game - you know I'm in heaven, right? LOL. Take a deep breath before you read the object of the game per the instructions:
To be the first player to collect 3 candy canes, place your ornament on the tree, give three Christmas gifts under Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, and get back to the Seasons Greetings patch to light up the star on top of the tree. I'll be doing good if I can even recognize when I have won. LOL. So, as you can see, there are lots of pieces to this game. The game board depicts the gang's neighborhood. You can imagine the spaces as the sidewalk that leads from house to house. There is a covering of snow and Christmas is in the air.
To be honest, the game set up and game rules kind of read like the object. Still fun, especially if you are working on following directions. Each player starts with four gifts and chooses a character to place on the Seasons Greetings patch. Use the spinner to tell you how many spaces to advance around the board each turn as you collect your presents and candy canes. Land on a space with your character holding an ornament and place that ornament on the Christmas tree. Land on a Happy Holidays space to collect a Christmas card with once of these special instructions:
- Gift card - Leave a gift under Charlie Brown's tree.
- Dog house card - Move your character to the dog house and lose a turn while you help Snoopy decorate his house.
- Candy cane card - Take a candy cane.
- Candy cane "Doctor is In" card - Give back a candy cane to pay Lucy for her advice.
- Charlie Brown card - Go to one of three spaces picturing Charlie Brown with an ornament to learn the true meaning of Christmas. Resume the game from there on your next turn.
- Slip and slide card - Snoopy and Linus slipped on the ice. Spin and play again.
- Snoopy skating card - Move three spaces in any direction.
If you are interested in purchasing this game or just want more information, click on the image below.