Work on social skills, treating people with respect
In the box: 48 flash card, 2 parent cards
Ages 3+, 1+ players
A nice set of flash cards to reinforce good manners and how to act respectfully at home and in social situations. The cards are large and plastic coated, and the manners are taught by the "polite pigs". Very straightforward, each card has a question on the front and the answer on the back. Cards measure 4.5 X 6.
|Left - Question on front. Right - Answer on back.|
The questions cover a wide range of every day situations, including:
- Before you touch something that belongs to someone else, what do you ask?
- When you answer the phone, what do you say?
- At the table, if you need to reach something that would involve a stretch, what do you say?
- What do you do when you meet someone?
- When you are taking turns, who should go first?
- Don't expect kids to just pick up good manners, teach them.
- Don't work on all cards at once, only as long as the child remains interested.
- Model good manners every day.
- Set the cards question-up in a stack on the table. Take turns reading a question and answering. Look on the back and compare your answer with what the pigs would do or say.
- Role play each situation to practice for the real thing.
- Take advantage of natural opportunities that arise to practice.