Work on body awareness, dressing skills, identifying seasonal clothing, visual discrimination, manual dexterity, creative play, coordinated use of both hands, spatial relations
In the bag: 2 girls, 33 pieces of clothing
A simple beginning activity to introduce dressing or work on seasonal dressing. The activity comes with 2 girls and 33 pieces of clothing. All pieces are a shiny paper glued to a type of pressed wood. The backs of all the clothing pieces are magnetic, and the clothing sticks to the dolls. The dolls are approximately 6 inches tall and no type of stand for the dolls is included. The vinyl storage bag is separated into three sections on the front and each section has a flap with a snap on the top to secure it. There is a heavy cardboard piece in the bag that is printed on the back with all the clothing. Clothing includes summer and winter, rainy day, bedtime, costumes, and swimwear. Here is a picture of all the pieces:
- Tell a simple story about what the doll will be doing and ask the individual to dress the doll for the occasion.
- Talk about seasons and weather and dress the dolls appropriately.
- Dress a doll and ask the individual what the weather would be to match the outfit.
- Sort the clothes by types, such as tops, bottoms, hats, shoes.
- Dress the doll one piece at a time as the child dresses. For instance, the child puts a shirt on the doll and then puts a shirt on herself. Then puts pants on the doll and dresses self in pants, etc.