Work on visual discrimination, figure ground, counting, sorting, sequencing, manual dexterity, in-hand manipulation, palmar arch development, coordinated use of both hands, grasp, social skills, play and leisure exploration and participation
In the container: 36 plastic figures, 2 large foam cubes (1 number, 1 color)
Ages 3+, 1+ players
- Game 1 - Pile the people on the table. Take turns throwing the color cube and taking a family member of that color. Try to collect each family member in a different color.
- Game 2 - Pile the people on the table. Take turns throwing the number cube and take that many family members. The first player to collect 10 family members first wins.
- Game 3 - Pile the people on the table. Take turns throwing both the number cube and the color cube and take that many family members. The first player to collect 10 family members wins.
The container is smaller than what is pictured.
- Sort into piles or into a cupcake tin by shape.
- Sort into piles or into a cupcake tin by color.
- Play games 2 and 3 (above) until all the family members have been collected, not just until someone has collected 10. Each player counts his characters and the one with the most wins.
- Cup the non-dominant hand and add the family members to the hand one at a time. How many can you hold? Now switch hands and try again. Count as you go.
- Place the characters one at a time in the players hand. Make sure some are upside-down and/or backward. Ask the player to manipulate each character in-hand and stand it on the table top.
- Place the characters in a pile on the table and ask the individual to pick them up one at a time and manipulate them in-hand before standing them on the table top.
- Ask the individual to stand all the characters on the table top in a large grouping, grouping each color together. Talk about the importance of staying with your group when you are in a public place in a crowded area.
- Stand all the characters on the table top. Throw one of the cubes and put them back into the container in the order of the color or number that you throw.
If you are interested in purchasing this item or just want more information, click on the image below.