In the box: 1 start board, 2 treasure boards, 1 destination board, 30 doubloon tiles, 3 vines, 2 vine connectors, 4 vine feet, squishy cannonball, foam feather, foam sword, large red X
Time to move away from the table for some gross motor fun. This game will have them doing crab walks, crawling under vines and walking the plank, where balance is a must! The object of the game is to collect more gold doubloons than Captain Hook by completing 2-part physical challenges. There are a lot of pieces to this game and some simple assembly is required before you begin.
To play, place the Start Here board, the Your Treasure board, and the Hook's Treasure board close by. Spread the 30 doubloons face-down on the floor. There are 2 colors of doubloons - red and blue. Red doubloons will assign you a challenge and the blue doubloons will up that challenge by adding a condition. On each turn, players will choose one red doubloon and then one blue doubloon. Here are some examples:
- Red doubloons
- Walk backwards around the vines
- Hop on one foot to the X and back
- Tiptoe around the vines
- Blue doubloons
- ...waving the sword like a pirate
- ...with the feather between your elbows
- ...with the cannonball under your chin
- Start easy by picking only a red doubloon on each turn and performing a one-part challenge.
- Play with the pieces before starting a game. Can you balance the feather on your nose or your head? Can you walk with the sword between your knees or carry it with only a finger? Can you kick the cannonball as your walk or walk with it under your chin?
- Before starting the game practice tiptoeing, walking backward, hopping, jumping, etc.
- Set up just the vines and use the eight red vine challenges alone.
- Lay the doubloon cards face up and allow the players to choose the challenges they want to attempt.
- Place the vines closer together for a shorter course or farther apart to extend the amount of time performing the challenge.