Work on visual discrimination, visual closure, spatial relations, figure ground, eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, coordinated use of both hands, stereognosis, dressing, clothing identification, social skills, play and leisure exploration and participation
In the box: 5 paper dolls, 5 outfits (tops, bottoms, hats, shoes, bags), 5 hobbies (telescope, paints, books, magnifying glass, guitar), spinner, laundry bag
If you grew up playing with paper dolls and cutting out your own doll clothes with the little tabs, this is not that. Times have changed. Everything in this box is made with a much thicker cardboard-type stock and there are no tabs or way to affix the clothes to the dolls. There is no cutting and the clothing is ready to go. Dolls will have to be placed on a flat surface and the accessories and clothes are just laid on top. The object of the game is to be the first one to dress her doll with the 5 essentials (top, bottom, hat, shoes, bag) and choose a hobby accessory. To set up and play, each player will choose a doll and give her a name. Place the laundry bag with all the pieces in it and the spinner in the middle of the players. In turn, each player will spin the spinner and do what is indicated - either choose one piece of specific clothing or lose one piece of clothing. If the player already has that piece of clothing, she can either keep it, exchange it for something new from the laundry bag, or end her turn. The spinner has a very flat, transparent plastic arrow. The game includes a diverse set of dolls that measure 10 3/4" in height.
- Skip the game and use the spinner during the child's morning routine to add an element of fun to getting dressed.
- Line up several dolls and let a single player dress several, with or without the spinner.
- Take the pieces out of the laundry bag and group them on the table. Arrange pieces so that they are in different orientations, and parts of some are hidden under other pieces so the player will have to search for the correct pieces.
- Leave the pieces in the laundry bag and ask the individual to put the hand in and pull out the piece they need by feel only.
- Hold the spinner in the non-dominant hand while spinning with the dominant hand.