Work on balance, crossing midline, gross motor skills and coordination, proprioceptive perception, vestibular perception, motor planning, motor sequencing, visual memory, figure ground, executive functioning, creativity, social participation and interaction, play and leisure exploration and participation
In the box: 1 game board, 4 playing pieces, 4 plastic stands, 4 stage cards, 30 dance cards, 1 die
Work on motor planning, balance and coordination with this beginner's ballet dance game. Collect dance cards, each picturing either a ballet step or position, as you advance around the board. Each time you pick a dance card, try the move or position and then put the card on your stage card. Once you have filled your stage card with four dance cards, all eyes are on you as you perform the four moves to make up your own ballet dance. Ballet steps and positions are:
- First through fifth positions
- pas de chat
- temps lie
- grand jete
The die is oversized and the colors are purple, pink, green, and yellow.
- Forget the game, just choose four random cards and put them on your stage. Perform the dance.
- Practice the five positions as a sequence. Try to memorize the positions.
- Turn it into a memory game. Turn all cards facedown on the table. Take turns turning over two cards at a time. If the cards match, take them. After the game, have a dance recital and perform the steps and positions on the cards.
- Demonstrate the move and then perform it with the individual.
If you are interested in purchasing this game or just want more information, click on the image below.