|Be quick to match and move or they may make a monkey out of you.|
In the box: 54 monkey and banana cards (half monkey, half banana).
- Make a sorting game. Separate the monkey cards from the banana cards. Place one each of the four different monkey cards in a line on the table. Ask the player to hold the rest of the monkey deck in his non-dominant hand, push the top card off with the thumb, and place with the dominant hand on the correct pile.
- Make another sorting game. Separate the monkey cards from the banana cards. Place one each of the four different banana cards in a line on the table. Place the rest of the banana cards face-up in a stack next to the player. Ask the player to pick up the cards, one at a time, and sort them to the correct piles without toppling the deck.
- Practice fanning the cards in the non-dominant hand. If this is not possible, use a card holder.
- Have a crunchy snack as you play to help players attend. Use banana chips instead of bananas. After each round, all players can eat the chip they picked up.
- Skip the MONKEY letters and after each round the person who does not get a banana can act like a monkey - screech, scratch your head and stomach at the same time, make a monkey face, peel a banana, etc.
- Play a simple memory game using two or four of each picture. (There are five of each picture.)