|A magnetic 4 X 4 bingo game.|
In the box: 4 double sided dinosaur bingo cards, 48 magnetic markers, 1 dinosaur spinner
Bingo - a great visual perceptual game that is available in almost unlimited themes. This one is different from others I have blogged about because it is magnetic. The card is a 4 X 4 grid and each card has 16 dinosaur images. The yellow markers stick to the bingo card once laid in place. This could be good for those who may have a slight tremor or lack the precision to get and keep the bingo markers in place on the card. The downside is that those yellow markers are very small and may be hard to pick up or it may be more difficult to see when you have a bingo because they only partially cover the image. The arrow on the spinner is very easy to move. Other bingo games have one match to each picture on the card (when playing with balls, cards, etc.), but using a spinner is different. The spinner arrow may stop on the same dinosaur over and over, and after you cover it once you will have to ignore it when it comes up again. There are 16 different dinosaur pictures and each bingo card has one of each in different locations on the card. In-hand manipulation does not work well for holding multiple markers because they stick together.
- Watch for a bingo in one direction only - horizontal, vertical or diagonal - until the individual is able to watch two, then three directions simultaneously.
- Make a nice rounded web space before flicking the arrow on the spinner.
- Use different finger-to-thumb combinations when flicking the arrow.
- Make a copy of one of the cards and use a bright marker to highlight a bingo orientation that you are working on - horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. Place it in the playing area for reference.
- Stop occasionally and check the players card. Point out possible bingos and ask how many more will be needed to win or which squares will need markers to win in that direction etc.
- Start with a 3 X 3 bingo version and then move to the 4 X 4 if the individual has difficulty seeing when he has a 4 X 4 bingo.
If you are interested in purchasing this game or just want more information, click on the image below.