-->

Children learn through play. As an occupational therapist who works with children and youth, I use games and toys almost every day to help develop important cognitive, visual perceptual, motor, sensory, social, play and leisure skills. While many different types of activities can be used in therapy, this blog focuses on off-the-shelf games and toys that are accessible to most. Whether you are a therapist, parent, teacher, or a game lover like me, I hope you discover something useful while you are here. Learn a different way to play a game you already own or discover a new game for your next family game night. Either way, just go play. It's good for you!

The OT Magazine named The Playful Otter one of the Top 5 Pediatric OT Blogs.


Sep 30, 2018

Safety PowerPoints

Due to the popularity (with my own caseload) of my comic-themed safety PowerPoint presentations, I have added Community Safety and Home Safety to my Teachers Pay Teachers store. My 50 slide Stranger Danger/Awareness Safety PowerPoint took at least 2 sessions to get through, so I made these with 25 slides each and have additional versions in the works. I have printed out each slide, laminated, three-hole punched and added to a notebook. On occasion I also carry my laptop to sessions and kids view them that way. Go through once and teach, then go through again later to review. If it is a yes or no question, I always ask why to make sure they understand the reason behind the answer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.