-->

Children learn through play. As an occupational therapist who works with children and youth, I use games and toys almost every day to help develop important cognitive, visual perceptual, motor, sensory, social, play and leisure skills. While many different types of activities can be used in therapy, this blog focuses on off-the-shelf games and toys that are accessible to most. Whether you are a therapist, parent, teacher, or a game lover like me, I hope you discover something useful while you are here. Learn a different way to play a game you already own or discover a new game for your next family game night. Either way, just go play. It's good for you!

The OT Magazine named The Playful Otter one of the Top 5 Pediatric OT Blogs.


Jun 24, 2016

OccupationalTherapy.com - Online CEUs

Just finishing up my CEUs for my NBCOT renewal. Can't lose the R or I would be the Playful Otte. I have used occupational therapy.com for several years now to earn my CEUs. They offer unlimited CEU credits for $99 a year. Online CEU courses may be the perfect solution for you if you find it difficult to travel to locations where continuing education seminars are held, have a difficult time arranging for time off, or find the course expenses too high for your budget.

Earn your CEUs online, in your own time, in your own home. CEUs are accepted by my state licensing board as well as NBCOT. At the time I am writing this, there are 623 courses available in live webinar, video, audio, and print formats. Presenters are good communicators and the topics are relevant to everyday practice and cover a wide scope. Each presenter uploads handouts to the site for you to download if you wish. After finishing a course (usually 1 to 2 hours long), take an exam and print out and/or save your certificate. Your score must be 80% or higher and you get two chances to take the exams, which are 10 questions long. You can print out the exam before taking the course so you can have it with you as you listen.

I have always learned new and usable information in every course I have taken through them and have been very pleased to date. I usually subscribe for one year and take all the courses I need to cover my state and NBCOT renewals, skip a year, and then come back the next year and subscribe again. (AZ requires re-certification every 2 years.) Make sure you print out all of your certificates as you earn them because if you are not a current subscriber, you are not allowed to access your records.

OccupationalTherapy.com Continuing Education

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.