-->

Children learn through play. As an occupational therapist who works with children and youth, I use games and toys almost every day to help develop important cognitive, visual perceptual, motor, sensory, social, play and leisure skills. While many different types of activities can be used in therapy, this blog focuses on off-the-shelf games and toys that are accessible to most. Whether you are a therapist, parent, teacher, or a game lover like me, I hope you discover something useful while you are here. Learn a different way to play a game you already own or discover a new game for your next family game night. Either way, just go play. It's good for you!

The OT Magazine named The Playful Otter one of the Top 5 Pediatric OT Blogs.


Jul 14, 2016

Angry Bird - Bird Toss

Angry Bird bird toss comes with bean bags

In the box: target board, target stand, 3 beanbags

If you want Angry Bird beanbags, then you may want Angry Bird Bird Toss. However, as a beanbag toss game it falls short. Included is the target board that you see above, and a slotted stand that you can't see. You can tell from the picture that the beanbags are even a tad bit wider than the holes. The holes are oval and the bags are more round shaped. Of course the beanbags squish, but it is my experience that the target is knocked over many more times than the bags go through. I would not recommend Angry Bird Bird Toss and I haven't used it much as I feel I am setting my kids up for failure.

Try this:
  • Work on spatial relations/position in space, visual discrimination, eye-hand coordination, motor planning, manual dexterity, social interaction skills, play exploration and participation

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.