Work on eye-hand coordination, fine motor precision, manual dexterity, visual discrimination, tool use, play and leisure exploration and participation, in-hand manipulation, pincer grasp, hand arches, figure ground
Ages 4+, 2-4 players
The goal is to pick up the small food pieces with the tweezers and place them into the bowls. If your child is bothered by noise, this is not the game for you. The wok not only jiggles, but it has a small ball on the bottom that allows it to move around on the table top. The small, hard plastic food pieces bounce around in the bowl and make quite a racket. Putting it on the carpet reduced the noise but slowed the movement way down. With the pieces bouncing and the wok moving, it can be a challenge to get ahold of the pieces, but doable. The food pieces are squares, circles, and oval shape pieces. The tongs have a small circular indent on each side on the inside to aid in picking up the small circles.
- Leave the movement off to reduce noise or frustration.
- Play against someone and see who can get their color out first.
- Play alone and sort pieces into 4 colored bowls.
- Sort by shape instead of color.
- Sort by the difficulty of picking up the shapes, easiest first
- Pick up several pieces by hand, one at a time, and squirrel them in the palm without dropping while putting the game away.
If you are interested in purchasing this item or just want more information, click on the link below.