Work on visual discrimination, figure ground, spatial relations, eye-hand coordination, turn taking, following directions, motor planning, balance, gross motor, manual dexterity, in-hand manipulation, palmar arches, grasp, reach, bilateral integration, crossing midline, play and leisure exploration and participation, creative play, social interaction, cognitive functioning, attention, decision making, simple addition and subtraction
In the box: Board, money, plastic crowns, die, board markers, chance cards
If you are looking for a fairly simple introductory version of Monopoly that doesn't take too long to play and does not require large number mental math, this is the game for you. Themed pieces include plastic crowns, princess deed cards, and princess markers. This version doesn't take too long to play (maybe 30-45 minutes) and doesn't require large number math, as money (allowance) only comes in denominations of 1 - 5. The chance cards may require physical movement, such as take a ride around the board on your imaginary unicorn and stand up and perform your best ballet move.
- Assign the person who is working on counting or making change to be the banker.
- Gather a small stack of mixed bills and ask the individual to separate them and sort them into the correct denominational piles.
- Hold the deck of property cards in the non-dominant hand and use the thumb to push each card off, one at a time, to deal.
- Stand up all of the crowns that will be used for the game by holding 2 or 3 in the palm and moving them, one at a time, to the fingertips to rotate and place.
- Cup the hand, squeeze the fingers together, and hold for several seconds while shaking the dice.
- Sort the crowns by color.
- Put the crowns away after the game by asking the player to cup the hand, hold the fingers tight in that position, and then slowly drop the crowns into the palm one at a time. If he has trouble cupping the hand, first shape the player's palm by putting a small ball or round object in the hand and forming the hand around it. Then remove the ball.